For travelers who are stopping over in Japan en route to another country due to flight schedules.
- Canadian citizens and nationals of countries with Reciprocal Visa Exemption Agreements with Japan do not require a Transit Visa.(List of the countries)
- No visa required for all nationalities if you are transiting through Japan within the same airport without leaving the secured area.
- If you are visiting someone in Japan, or if your main purpose is for sightseeing or business, you need a Temporary Visitor’s Visa regardless of the length of your stay.
- Valid passport (The passport must be valid for your entire visit in Japan.)
- Application form (Sample)
- One photo taken within the last 6 months (2 in × 2 in)
- Proof of your status in Canada (Permanent Residence Card, Visa, etc.)
- Return airline ticket or flight itinerary provided by an airline company or travel agency (Please note that we are not responsible for tickets which are unusable due to delay or denial of visa.)
- Fee in cash.